Experiences in Myanmar: What I have observed there

Myanmar used to be the closed country with a limited connection to foreign investments and affairs couple of years before. But it has been moving comparatively faster in its development than other countries in Asia after being opened up to international communities and formation of new government. When I first visited this country couple of years before, I found the airport very small and similar to Nepal, but this time I am surprised to see the new constructions in the airport and some new flyovers in the Yangon city to minimize the traffic congestions. Likewise, the new changes in the Yangon Bus Services (YBS) and ongoing mega-constructions. Within a year, the Juncity city, a supermarket close to the downtown, has been completed and operationalized.

When I visited the Nay Phi Taw, I was amazed to see the planned city like in Europe, very clean and well-managed. I was told that most of the government offices are based in this new Capital city, which is located at more or less at the center of the country. Mostly the government officers are settled there at the moment, however, I realized the physical infrastructures are well developed including the airport, parliament building, government offices & quarters, wide roads, hotels, and markets are well planned. I noticed the 16 lane road in front of the parliament building, but without any vehicle, it appeared to me like a runway to take off a flight. I realized it that the government has planned and developed these infrastructures in visioning for future.

Bagan is an ancient city with full of its histories, stories, and cultures. I  have been planning to visit this beautiful city since the day I visited Siem Reap in Cambodia because I was told that Bagan is even beautiful and bigger than Siem Reap. The city has numbers of Buddhist stupas, pagodas, monasteries, and temples with specific histories and stories behind. The sunset and sunrise in the city are marvelous, which most of the tourists wouldn't miss it. Within short visit to the city, it wasn't possible to go to all the temples, monasteries and stupas, however, we managed to visit the main stupas and temples. It was quite easy for any tourists to hire an electric cycle or motorbike and go to these spots. Many guides are also available if someone wants to know in detail, but they charge the huge amount of Kyats (Myanmar currency). In some of the temples, tourists need to pay the entry fee as well, but I didn't have to pay any Kyats since I look like a Myanmar guy. In fact, many people believe me as Myanmar and often talk to me in Myanmar Language, also in Yangon, Mandalay and other parts of the country.

From Bagan, we headed to Mandalay, another beautiful city in upper Myanmar with many stupas, temples, and monasteries. I found the city almost similar to Chiang Mai in Thailand as I have lived there for a couple of years. It also has the square at the center of the city surrounded by the canal like in Chiang Mai. Mandalay hill on the top of the city is almost similar to the Doi Suthep in Chiang Mai from where people can see the panoramic view of the city. The statue of skinny Buddha was very unique in the city, which people wouldn't find in other parts. Furthermore, many other temples and monasteries attract the tourists both international and domestic in the city. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pros and Cons of Dark Tourism

Community Based Tourism in Sirubari